Have you ever wished your child could more effectively express what they are feeling and thinking?
Do you want your child to increase their social skills and improve their interactions with peers?
Would you like your child to start the next school year with an increased awareness of who they are and how they can show who they are to others?
Is it sometimes hard for your child to find ways to "calm down"?
Do you sometimes feel your child is not aware of their body and how it moves?
Does your child love art, games, and physical movement?!
If you answered yes to any of the questions then our Expressive Arts and Movement Camp is perfect for you and your child!
BPC is excited to offer this wonderful and FUN opportunity to children entering 4th, 5th, and 6th grade in the Houston and Katy area. Your child will spend each day learning to express themselves through painting, sculpting and collaging and getting in touch with their body by practicing yoga, tai chi, and playing interactive games all while strengthening their social and emotional skills. Kids who are a part of our camp will learn and grow as people while having fun with new friends!
This Expressive Arts and Movement Camp is facilitated by our experienced BPC therapists Melanie Phillips, LCSW and Alice Whitten LPC-Intern. We are especially excited for this camp because Melanie Phillips, LCSW is a certified children's yoga instructor! Melanie and Alice are both so excited for this camp and can not wait to share their love of yoga, tai chi and art with everyone!
Who: Children entering 4th, 5th, and 6th grade
What: Five day summer camp for children to learn and express themselves through yoga, tai chi, games, and art
When: July 8th (Monday) through July 12th (Friday) from 9:00 am-12:00pm
Where: BPC Office
*Cost: $350.00 ----> Register before June 1st and only pay the early bird price of $300.00
This camp will be great for anyone who:
- Is looking to expand their understanding of their own emotions and thoughts and how others may respond to how they are choosing to express themselves
- Sometimes has trouble engaging socially and wants to a place they can practice interacting with others their age under the guidance of a therapist
- Would like to increase their awareness and connection with their body
- Is excited about being creative and loves making art!
- Would like to learn new ways to relax and decrease negative or anxious feelings through mindful breathing and exercise
- Is interested in learning about yoga and tai chi (Tai chi is a meditative exercise that uses slow focused martial arts like movements in combination with thoughtful breathing) Both exercises promote stress relief, mindfulness, and general well-being!
How to Sign up:
Fill out the below register form. Once you have completed the form, be looking out for an email from us with more information the group as it gets closer. We are so excited to have your child be part of this fun and creative camp! Space is limited so do not wait to sign up!
If you would like to learn more about this camp and talk with a BPC therapist to make sure this camp is a good for for you schedule a FREE 20 minute phone consultation. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about this 5 day summer camp.